It was one of 18 trophy winners at the World Cheese Awards, which drew nearly 2,600 entries for its 2014 competition.
Fiscalini won the trophy for best mature traditional cheddar with its Bandage Wrapped Cheddar, aged for 18 months at its Kiernan Avenue plant. It also was one of 62 recipients of super gold scores from the judges.
click here for the full article: http://www.modbee.com/news/local/article4528667.html
Affineur Walo von Mühlenen is again one of the most successful participant at the World Cheese Award with in total nine awards.
With an impressing consistency Affineur Walo von Mühlenen manges to be always among the most
successful participants. This year Affineur Walo was awarded 2 Super Gold, 3 Gold, 1 Silver and 3 Bonze Medals. This success confirms the high quality and consistency of Swiss cheese specialities
from the affineur Walo. Since almost 150 years, the von Mühlenens’ have been aiming to mature the best artisan raw milk cheese from Switzerland to perfection. The cheeses from affienur Walo are
exported to Germany, France, Sweden, Finnland, Italy, New York, Tokyo and Manila. The growing
popularity shows that consistent pursuit of the best quality is the right strategy for Swiss cheese.
Awards of the affineur Walo von Mühlenen at a glance:
2 x Super Gold
– Le Poya, a hard cheese from Fribourg, aged for 12 month
– Stärnächäs extra-spicy, a semi-hard cheese from St. Gallen, aged for 8 months
3 x Gold
– Affineur Walo Le Gruyère Switzerland AOP extra aged for 12 month, in the class hard cheese
– Gallus a hard cheese from St. Gallen aged for 12 month
– Le Poya a hard cheese from Fribourg, aged 12 month
1 x Silber
– Armailii de la Gruyère, a Semi hard cheese from Gruyère aged 3 month
3 x Bronze
– Affineur Walo Le Gruyère Switzerland AOP extra aged 14 month, in the class hard cheese
– Affineur Walo Le Gruyère Switzerland AOP extra aged 14 month, in the class Gruyere
– Red nose, Gold Label a hard cheese, aged 12 month washed with red wine.
Click here for the full article: http://affineurwalo.ch/news/resultate-world-cheese-award-17112014-london-england